Thursday, August 23, 2012

And What a Difference a Year Makes

To blog or not to blog is no longer an option. I need to embrace this social media tool so you can stay connected to my world and so I can be connected to yours. And a year or two does make a difference. I’ve moved forward on my journey with a soulmate, Ray. I’m also getting back to writing…not yet daily but more than I have in the last six months. I’ve started production of my 6th and 7th books and that is what this blog is about…opportunities for you to join me on the journey.

1. The Queen’s Court started production last week and slated to be at the printer by December 1, 2012. Twenty plus quilters have made the quilt featured in this project book and their beauties have been photographed and returned. Their quilts and artist statements will be in the “Ladies in Waiting” chapter. However, what I need now is the few outstanding artist statements and release forms. Hmmm, do you need the form or format? Send me an email, gyleen@colourfulstitches.com. I would like this box checked by September 15, 2012.

2. The Polygon Affair…So Easy You’ll Fall in Love is in full swing. If you want to be in this book, you can do it one of two ways…actually both if that’s how you roll.

a. Make a quilt meeting the requirements of the chapter challenges using the Polygon Tool. The rules are posted on my website (http://www.colourfulstitches.com/) under Tools by Gyleen tab. You can make as many as you like, select any of the challenges to do first, you can use my pattern or your own design. There will about 8 challenges total. Post your progress on Facebook (Gyleen’s Polygon Affair) for motivation and provide inspiration. Completed quilts must be ready by the photo shoot late 2013.

b. Send me (gyleen@colourfulstitches.com) your love story or someone you know personally (like your parents) that meet and were married within 6 months or less (plus a tad is okay). I call this “love in an instant”. The stories will be included in the book and of course, you get ink as a contributor. If you could do this by December 31, 2012, that would be perfect.

I hope to figure out how to post photos soon and move forward mastering this blogging thing. Stay tuned…I’m back!

PS: Each day I try to do at least 30 minutes of handwork as meditation; it centers me. What do you do?

Gyleen

1 comment:

  1. Pretty insightful post. Never thought that it was this simple after all. I had spent a good deal of my time looking for someone to explain this subject clearly and you’re the only one that ever did that.Keep it up.

    Ecommerce Website Development

    ReplyDelete